The Ness and Beauly Fisheries Trust (NBFT) is a Registered Scottish Charity (SC 037684) and a Company Limited by Guarantee (SC 294401). The income raised through our consultancy services is used to further the protection and enhancement of the Ness and Beauly systems and the fish populations that they support.
We provide an extensive range of freshwater, transitional and marine consultancy service by drawing upon the extensive skills and experience of our team, together with that of our network of associates. Our core services include:
- Juvenile salmonid surveys;
- Eel and elver surveys;
- Lamprey surveys;
- Coarse fish surveys;
- Freshwater Pearl Mussel surveys; and
- Estuarine fish surveys.
Aquatic Habitat Surveys
- Fish Habitat Surveys;
- Fish Barrier Assessments; and
- Invasive species surveys.
Environmental Assessment & Coordination
- Fisheries and Ecological Impact Assessments;
- Appropriate Assessments;
- Due diligence;
- Aquatic project design and management; and
- Ecological Clerk of Works.
Habitat Restoration & Enhancement
- Rivers, lochs, estuaries and coastal waters;
- Mitigation solution;
- Design and implementation of restoration and enhancement projects; and
- Fish pass guidance.
Development of Recreational Fisheries
- Fisheries Management Advisory visits;
- Fisheries Action Plans;
- Angling development projects; and
- Catch data analysis.
We work closely with our clients to scope, design and implement the most appropriate and cost effective programme of works to achieve their objectives. We can deliver our services across Scotland.
If you would like to learn more about our services, or have a specific project that you would like to discuss, then please do not hesitate to contact Chris Conroy (NBFT Director) or Nick Barker (NBFT Senior Biologist) on email@example.com or 01463 7835o5.